Tuesday Rambles

7:58 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Just some random thoughts on a Tuesday morning...

1. Two weeks of school...... two weeks of school....... TWO WEEKS OF SCHOOL! Enough said. Let the panic ensue! Maybe I should write a song about it. LOL!

2. I'm finding it harder and harder to work without distractions. That really gets in the way of these papers (notice, I'm blogging rather than studying). Perhaps I should go to the library to work. I know when I'm doing it at home I come up with a million other things to do: veg out in front of the tv, bake cookies, rearrange my bookshelves, basically anything OTHER than work. This is not good. I think I need to go into isolation for a while and not come out until after finals week...

3. I miss Egypt. It's been 9 years now since I've been there. Granted, I realize that going now would be totally different than the previous trips. Everyone has grown up and has responsibilities and work and spouses and kids but still.... I miss it. Where else can you go to the movies at 1am? Plus, now there's the excitement of meeting a whole other part of family. And contrary to popular belief, I'm really really really looking forward to meeting my in laws. I guess it just represents a time of total relaxation and exploration free from work and school -- muchly needed.

4. Although it's all over the internet, I'm going to add it here too: People said we would have an African American president when pigs flew. Well, 100 days into his term Swine Flu! :)

5. Maxi dresses are awesome! Yes, we may be reverting back to the 70s as fashion always repeats itself in one way or another but this is one trend I don't mind coming back. It's not like the skinny jeans where unless you're a stick you look like a grape on a toothpick. I mean haven't these people looked in the mirror? Do they not realize the unproportionate nature of said pants?! Hello?! Real women have curves! I love that movie by the way. It was great!
And to further my rant, why in the world has the fashion industry not realized this?! With such a large purchasing demographic out there, you would think they would jump at the opportunity to dive into this market. But, no. Whatever happened to the days when Marilyn Monroe was idealized? Now, she'd be called fat.

And that is the close of Tuesday's Rambling Session!

0 comments: