Another Pandemic Sweeping the Nation

7:33 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Ok, maybe it's not a pandemic.... and maybe it's not sweeping the nation.. but still, there's an illness going around (besides the Swine Flu which is scary in and of itself). This illness usually strikes about this time. With changing weather, spring in the air, and May just around the corner it is the perfect time for Senioritis to strike. That's right, I said Senioritis... It even has a Wikipedia page!

The terrible illness of procrastination and utter lack of motivation to continue plugging along in the world of academia. When you can almost taste freedom, yet it still has weeks before it finally arrives. Senioritis, where good students lose focus at the sight of a degree at the end of the tunnel. And above all, I've caught it!

I planned out this semester to be easy. What with getting married and trying to balance work and school and the hubby, I figured that I would go light this semester. After all, I only have a semester left after this so I deserve a light one. :) Amazingly enough, it is during the light semester that I catch this terrible sickness. I only have three classes: Modern Critical Theory (ok now that one is a pain in the rear), Elizabethan Poetry and Prose (not bad), and Harry Potter (that's right I said Harry Potter because my university is amazingly wonderful like that). That doesn't sound too hard now does it?

It's a struggle to get through until the end. What with papers coming up and everyone deciding to assign actual research papers (throughout my academic career I have been fortunate enough not to have to do formal research papers, just literary papers which are a cinch) I'm drowning in a sea of academia. So much for an easy semester....

Does anyone know of a cure for Senoritis?

Here's one of my favorite battles of wit:



"I am a germ. A rare disease. I am called malignalitaloptereosis... and you've caught me, Mim!" -- Merlin, The Sword in the Stone

If I become a dragon with pink spots, I'll let you know.....

0 comments: