No Joke!

8:03 AM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I know this may sound like a typical joke i.e. How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb (Answer: 4, 1 to do the work and 3 to evaluate) but it isn't.

As I was driving to work today peacefully jamming to Sarah Brightman. Ok, maybe not jamming as it's kind of hard to jam to opera but you get the picture. The wonderful city of Fullerton has been working on the streets and more specifically the one road that takes me from my apartment to work. With orange cones everywhere and a guy standing in the road with a slow sign, I notice a group of guys together. Slowing down so as not to mistakenly squash the road workers and to be nosy, a question pops into my head. How many road workers does it take to work a jackhammer? Apparently five, one to work the hammer and four to "evaluate."

To be honest, after the minor giggle I had, I was upset. Why were they just hanging around wasting tax payer money? The funny thing is they were just watching the guy hammer away at the street. I mean, I understand if they have to conference or go over the work plans or discuss the oddballs that drive by (not me of course) but noooooooo..... they were just watching like it was some major football game or something. GRRRRR ARGH!

0 comments: